Hello guys, Today I have found an app name Signal Private Messenger which gives more security then Whatsapp and any other messaging app, Here are some Security Reasons to Switch from Whatsapp to Signal Private Messenger
- 1 What is Signal Private Messenger ?
- 2 Reasons to use Signal Private Messenger :-
- 3 Whatsapp v/s Signal :-
What is Signal Private Messenger ?
Signal Private Messenger is a free and open source software application for Android, iOS, and Desktop that employs end-to-end encryption, allowing users to send end-to-end encrypted group, text, picture, and video messages, and have encrypted phone conversations between Signal Private Messenger users.
Reasons to use Signal Private Messenger :-
1. Disappearing messages :-
Signal Private Messenger allows you to Disappear your chat history. Just set a time when you want to disappear your chat, Signal will self destruct after 5 seconds to all the way up to a week.
2. Screen security :-
Signal provides screen security which prevents anyone from taking a screenshot of your conversation, Also they can not use screen recorder to record and watch later.
3. Does not show a preview in the Signal window :-
As all apps sows their preview when you hit the recent button on Android but Signal does not shows their conversations when you hit the recent button.
4. Set Password to Access :-
You can set password also to access your account, so no one can use your account without permission.
5. Set inactive timeout interval :-
You can set your Signal to automatic off when you are inactive. You have to enter your password again to use Signal.
6. Display notification :-
In display notification you can set what you want. You can choose between Name and message/Name only/No name or message.
Whatsapp v/s Signal :-
In this battle for security purpose Signal wins because
- Signal allows In-app Encryption where in Whatsapp no encryption for the messages stored on your phone.
- WhatsApp’s Online Backups Are Unencrypted that means messages you backup are not protected by end-to-end encryption while in Google Drive. Where Signal only allows manual backup/restore.
- WhatsApp declared that they’ll be sharing some of your data with the parent company Facebook like your phone number. Where signal does not share any of your data.
In the end it is the battle of features vs security, Whatsapp focused on features, where Signal focused on security.