Bharat QR Code: Here is Everything you need to Know about it
What is Bharat QR Code
It is a bid to promote digital economy in country.As part of a multi-pronged push towards a cashless society, the Indian government has make collaboration with Repay, MasterCard and Visa, the three mobile payment providers in India, to adopt a standard Quick Response (QR) code called as ‘Bharat QR’.
The new standard would enable money to move easier between all three systems and there will be no restriction on usage of card from any particular provider.
After various new payment methods like UPI payment and BHIM App for smartphones,Indian Government has now launched Bharat QR Code. Bharat QR Code, the latest initiative to boost digital transactions,will make use of QR codes system for payments across merchant outlets .The solution comes as a first of its kind throughout the globe.
The prevailing method of payment necessitates a consumer to swipe a debit or a credit card and enter its PIN code to authenticate the payment. However, after the introduction of Bharat QR code, a consumer can simply open his or her banking app or BHIM app, scan the merchant’s QR code, enter the payable amount and enter the four digit code to authenticate the transaction. Once the transaction is complete the amount will be directly transfer to the merchant’s bank account.
Check also - BHIM APP-Latest UPI based App(Full Guide)
How Does It Work:-
- As according Bharat QR. Your bank’s official mobile app or an app linked to Visa, MasterCard, RuPay platforms, generally comes with an inbuilt QR Code reader.
- You, as a customer no need to worry whether your card will be accept at any particular merchant location. As the solution has been standardized across all card networks.To add to it, you don’t need to carry multiple cards. Just think the cards to the app and select the appropriate card during the payment.No need to share your bank account details with anyone.
- You just need to link your card or bank account with the mobile app as a one-time activity.
- To make a payment, as a customer you would need to scan the ‘Bharat QR’ code using the mobile app.
- The billed amount get transfer from your account to the merchant’s account.
In Simple Words-
- First Of all You need to install your UPI App Or BHIM App.
- Then click Scan and Pay option. Now Scan the Bharat QR Code with the merchant.
- Instantly, the QR code will be scanned and shows the merchant details.So after that enter the amount to pay.
- Then input your security PIN number.Next click on Send. Hence finally You have done the complete payment.
Where It Can be Acceptable-
Bharat QR can work practically at any location which accepts payments for services rendered. So you can start paying through Bharat QR at all the merchants on-boarded on BQR platform. It could be outlets at railway stations, bus depots, petrol pumps, shops, grocery stores, hospitals, dispensaries, etc.
How Will It Benefit You(As a customer)
You, as customer no longer need to worry whether your card will be acceptable at any particular merchant location as the solution has been make standardization across all card networks. To add to it, you don’t need to carry multiple cards. Just link the cards to the app and select the appropriate card during the payment. No need to share your mobile number or account details with anyone.
How Will It Benefit You(As a Merchant)
You no longer need to invest in any hardware for accepting digital payments. A simple display board containing the QR code is all that it takes to start accepting payments.